Darwen Camera Club Rules
- The club shall be called Darwen Camera Club (hereinafter referred to as the Club).
- The object of the club is to encourage Members to participate in photographic activities and to extend and share their knowledge with others.
- The club will endeavour to meet once a week on an evening suitable for the majority of Members.
- The Club shall be administered by a Committee of Members elected at the Annual General Meeting and shall consist of a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Programme Secretary, Competitions Secretary and up to four other members. The Committee may fill vacancies on the Committee by co-opting additional members at a Committee meeting.
- A Quorum shall be not less than two thirds of the elected Committee.
- Membership of the Club shall be open to all subject to the approval of the Committee.
- Members under 18 years of age will only be accepted if accompanied by their parent or guardian who is also a member.
- The Committee has the right to expel any member of the Club if that member is guilty of behaviour detrimental to the good name of the Club.
- The financial year of the club shall run from 1st January to 31st December.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Club will be held in January of each year.
- Annual Subscriptions will be decided at the Annual General Meeting and are due on 1st February each year.
- Members whose subscriptions are unpaid on 1st April will no longer be members of the club.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club may be called at the request of 8 members of the club, such request to be given in writing to the Secretary and be notified to the members of the Club at least 14 days before the date of the Extraordinary General Meeting.
- The Club may be dissolved with the consent of the members present at an Extraordinary General Meeting called for that purpose.